Paulina Eaborn (IG @mrs_paulie_) is the mama bear of three adorable boys; Tyson, Rixen and Leon. Her feed is filled with adorable photos of her boys, their beautiful hair and their gigantic smiles. Paulina inspired women to hit the pavements and run all around the world during her latest pregnancy with her #nevernotrunning philosophy; (I may have even started running again this year thanks to this beautiful mama, only 8 minutes but still it’s running). She was one of the first people I ever started following on Instagram way back in 2013 and I love her keeping it real, shit happens, move every day & always have a smile on your face attitude. Paulina is also the owner of The Little Vikings & creator of the Pray4Trax necklace; which is now a well-known symbol of spreading awareness of Cystic Fibrosis. These babies sell like hot cakes and every restock I try to add to my growing collection. She is my original mama crush.
Let’s start things easy, and simple …
1. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
Oats with milk, strawberries, almonds and buckwheat.
2. Most enjoyed Winter and Summer beverages?
3. What three things do you take to your desert island (unfortunately George Clooney isn’t available)?
My iPhone (with unlimited battery), my running shoes and my family (if that counts?)
4. Describe your style …
Totally relaxed mummy style – if it isn’t comfortable don’t wear it! Denim shorts, a basic tee and birks.
5. Holiday destination of choice?
I would have to say Denmark to visit friends and family.
Ok, let’s step it up a little …
6. How do you chill out?
7. Something you can’t live without?
My running shoes.
8. You have a dinner party and can invite three people dead or alive, who’s attending?
My dad who passed away four years ago (I never got to say goodbye to him) my sister, and my mum (both alive) so we could sort out some ghosts in the closet and finally talk the crap out of that shit!
9. … and what signature dish do you cook for them? More importantly, does it involve dessert?
I would love to get them to taste an acai bowl haha!
10. When you jump on Instagram, which accounts do you look at no matter what?
I don’t have specific accounts I check. I like to be inspired by my whole feed. I do tend to check up on two ‘old’ friends whom I followed from the get go: @lisamboyce and @frausvensson. They are mums of boys and keep it damn real. Love them!
11. Are you afraid of anything? (we promise we won’t use this against you. Maybe)
I’m scared of the dark and failure: the last one often stresses me as I set my self unrealistic goals at times.
12. Favourite childhood memory?
Fishing with my dad and/or when we used to get sent out to the countryside in the school holidays basically taking care of ourselves and making up crazy games which involved using the nature around us: such as running away from a furious bull or climbing mountains to look up in an eagles nest.
13. What are your non negotiable health and beauty routines?
At least 30 minutes of exercise EVERY day! Moving your body is as important as feeding it and letting it sleep!
Oh, these are too easy? Ok … let’s get personal.
14. What does self care mean to you?
Taking time out and doing something that makes you happy.
15. Leap into the future – describe to us how it looks …
I want to be the best mum I can be. I’m not that mum yet. I practice every day and learn new things. When I look into the future I want my kids to be a reflection of that mothering I’ve done. Kind and happy!
16. Inspiration; what makes you go chick chick boom?
Ohhh I’m not sure about inspiration. I love to get inspired and for that to lead to an idea or project; that makes me happy!
17. What makes you wet-your-pants happy?
A run – or a new project. I have lots of projects in my head but not enough time to live them all out!
18. Do you live by a life motto? If so, do share …
“This too shall pass …” is something I have to remind myself of a lot! I stress a lot about things and always have to remember that these things will be forgotten or resolved in a few years so stressing about them is a waste of time.
19. Tell us something about yourself that we’d be surprised to hear …
I used to be a HEAVY smoker and some nights my dinner would be a bag of microwave popcorn and a bottle of wine. I grew up when I became a mum.
and finally …
20. What’s next for you?
I would love to live out some of my many projects; or find a part-time job that involves using my creativity and ideas. Something in design or children’s fashion. (Do you know any jobs available?!? haha) more so to feed my desire to create and not so much to become a millionaire. I want to look back at my life and be proud of what I’ve made not how much money I’ve earned. Money gets spent. Things you create last forever.
Want to read more ‘TMJ Loves’ Mama Crush questionnaire’s? Click on the little ‘plus’ sign at the bottom of this page and check them out under ‘Categories’.